- Most media falsely portrayed Ferguson protests as riots and Mike Brown as a criminal
- Grand jury now has until JANUARY to decide whether to charge Darren Wilson (x) (x) (x) (x)
- Congresswoman Elanor H. Norton stands with Ferguson
- Ferguson teach-in tomorrow
- National labor leader says unions, like the nation, must confront racism
the characters include straight kids, gay kids, alien kids, blind kids, kids with lisps, kids in wheelchairs, kids who are deaf, kids who are mute, kids who can’t smell, kids with learning disabilities
and every last one of them is an obnoxious asshole.
Except for the dead kid. The dead kid is cool.
which dead kid
even the dead kid is an obnoxious asshole
More fun facts about ancient Celtic marriage laws: There were no laws against interclass or interracial marriage, no laws against open homosexual relationships (although they weren’t considered ‘marriages’ since the definition of a marriage was ‘couple with child’), no requirement for women to take their husband’s names or give up their property, but comedians couldn’t get married
It’s Adam and Eve not Adam Sandler and Eve
What are we? Who are they?
Who says those bastards don’t deserve to pay?
Poor little hosts, all wrapped up in another being’s tragedy
I’m rewatching it and I can’t believe how under-appreciated it is (along with a whole bunch of other 2012 anime, namely one about jazz and Japan in the 1960s).
- Main character Yuki has social anxiety that is represented quite accurately as the sensation of drowning (and also causes him to make a super weird/scary face), despite having moved from place to place (which is good at breaking the stereotype that “oh you’ve moved around a lot, you should be good at making friends” no that’s not how it works)
- Yuki has a super hip grandma who’s almost as tall as he is, wears earrings, has sunglasses, and drives a shiny red car
- He makes friends with the help of Haru, a fish-alien boy who needs water sprayed on him to survive and loves making random cute noises; also there’s fishing
- His friends help him grow and overcome his anxiety without belittling him about it (although if I remember correctly there is teasing about the weird face they make, but not to the point where they try to make him feel bad about it; it’s more like “Ah, Yuki, you’re making a strange face!” “I know I am!!!”)
- He also helps his friends grow as people (and as, uh, fish-aliens?)
- The bad guy is not actually a “bad guy” but someone who’s just confused and wants to get along with others but doesn’t know how, they let him know how what he did was bad but also teach him how to interact with others and they become friends
- There’s a 20+ year old man who carries around a duck that he named Tapioca
- The duck is called Tapioca
- There is. A duck. Called. Tapioca.
- Animation is nice and cute, atmosphere is bright and happy, music is good, and it’ll grab you by the heart and make you cry at least once by the end.
- There is a heck-a-lotta friendship in this anime, I’m serious, be prepared to be hit by happy feelings of friendship no matter which direction you look you can’t escape it.
- The opening song is amazing and the little dance they do is super cute
tsukihina needs more love ^^
Watch the end through dying eyes
Now the dark is taking over
Show me where forever dies
Take the fall and run to Heaven
This picture is very VERY important…